1. Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai – With the Arabian Desert as a backdrop, the Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa in Dubai, India screams glamour. The heritage and conservation-based resort offers a locale that’s been on the mind of every travel junkie. The resort’s design elements are based off the style of an ancient Bedouin settlement and offers neutral “tents” while offering modern luxury. The resort was built within the Dubai Desert Reserve and conservation efforts include caring for native flora and fauna and controlling tourism flow so as not to disturb the wildlife.
Guests are provided with a special personal guest service coordinator who can customize every detail of your stay. Every private suite is furnished with original artwork from the region and guests can select up to two different complimentary activities each day as part of their stay. Create your own Dubai experience with activities like calm wildlife drives, thrilling desert safaris, in-suite spa services, camel trekking and more.
2. The Liberty Hotel, Boston – Completed in 1851, the Liberty Hotel once housed Boston’s most notorious prisoners as the Charles Street Jail and now offers historic architecture and a rich history to today’s hotel guests. The jail’s granite exterior, catwalks and preserved jail cells within the hotel restaurant are still intact.
3. The Chatwal, New York City – The Chatwal in New York City was inspired by baby grand hotels of generations past and is just steps away from the hustle and bustle of the Broadway theater district. The hotel is also just blocks from the Bank of America headquarters, Wall Street Journal, Rockefeller Center, and the New York Times.
4. The Astor Hotel, Tianjin – The Astor Hotel in Tianjin, China is located in the city’s progressive financial district and has just been completely restored. Unrivaled amenities include a nationally-registered museum, water-based treadmill, and a locale that offers historic temples, natural scenery and amazing dining and shopping.
5. The Naka Island, Phuket – The Naka Island boutique resort in Phuket, Thailand is surrounded by the Andaman Sea, white sandy private beaches, coconut groves, and pure natural beauty. The resort will open November 1, 2011 and promises pristine views and unique settings for weddings and business functions.
6. Villarrica Park Lake Hotel & Spa, Villaricca – Villarrica Park Lake Hotel & Spa in Villarrica, Chile is surrounded by national parks, hot springs and vast natural offerings among snow-capped volcanoes, crystal clear lakes and rivers and thermal baths. Local activities include six volcanoes, waterfalls, sport fishing, seasonal skiing and white-water rafting and sailing.
7. Keraton at the Plaza, Jakarta – The Keraton at the Plaza in Jakarta, Indonesia will open on December 1, 2011 set in the city’s prestigious central business district. Guest rooms and suites are beautifully appointed to add modern style with Indonesian culture and opulence. The hotel is also near the city’s most famous roundabout and iconic landmark statue, Selamat Datang.
8. Lugal, Ankara – The Lugal in Ankara, Turkey is situated near the bustling city of Kavaklidere and is known for its antique palaces and plentiful restaurants and shopping. Turkish traditions are seamlessly integrated with contemporary amenities. The city is rich in history and serves as the country’s governmental, financial and business epicenter.
9. Al Manara, Aqaba – The Al Manara in Aqaba, Jordan is scheduled to open July, 2013 and will be situated at the mouth of the Saraya Lagoon and the Gulf of Aqaba. The ancient city will serve as the background of an opulent seaside hideaway and the hotel promises three gourmet restaurants, innovative spa and stretches of private beach.
10. Twelve at Hengshan, Shanghai – Twelve at Hengshan in Shanghai, China is scheduled to open May 1, 2012 and offers traditional Chinese hospitality with cosmopolitan amenities in the area’s famed French Concession area. The hotel is minutes away from what is known as “Paris of the East” with tree-line streets and plenty of cafés, galleries and boutiques.