Traveling for business can be a real pain. Luckily, Bob Diener, Co-founder of Getaroom.com and Hotels.com, has offered us his top 10 tips and tricks for business travel to make the experience more enjoyable and with less hassle.
Bob is a travel expert with over 25 years of experience in the industry and is a great source on all things travel. He offers insight on everything from avoiding long lines at the airport to securing free upgrades at your hotel. Bob is the go-to person for information on hassle-free and under-budget business travel or for family vacations, just in time for Labor Day!
1. Save 10-20 percent and as much as 60 percent off hotel rates by booking unpublished rates offered through getaroom.com.
2. Stay at one of getaroom.com’s independent boutique hotels in New York, like the first class Astor on the Park from $150 a night.
3. Join the frequent stay program of the hotel group you are staying at and get free amenities such as late check-out, free gym use, special floors, a free newspaper and more. (Varies by hotel)
4. Stay in Las Vegas on the strip at hotels such as the Quad from $17 a night mid-week.
Read related content:
5. Avoid long lines at the airport by traveling Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays when demand is lower and the lines are shorter.
6. Bring the kids along when staying at a Holiday Inn – kids 19 and under stay for free and many hotels offer free food for kids.
7. Consider staying an extra night. Thousands of hotels, especially in Florida and California are offering your 3rd night for free.
8. Use your Platinum American Express card to gain free access to American and Delta airport lounges.
9. Never pay for internet access – use your hotspot to get online for free.
10. Always be friendly and ask for an upgrade when you check–in. Worse case scenrio, they will say no - but you’ll be a happy traveler is they say yes.